fourhundredandtwentyfour.
YES YES YES. I'm in a pretty fucking good mood. The sun is shining, I have Milloy (more in a minute) blasting out of my speakers, I just made a free £5 bet (more on that also) and the world cup starts in less than an hour. Awesome all over my face.
So I'm a fan of sun, it means I can rock the many band tees I've managed to buy over the past year or so and it just generally makes people more cheery for some reason. The only downside is the shit awful hayfever I get from all the pollen and cockarse. I sneezed 7 times in a row yesterday. Seven. If you have hayfever I'm sure you can relate at just how bloody annoying it is. You know that feeling you get where you are about to sneeze but don't? My nose constantly feels like that. And then imagine having REALLY itchy eyes with it. It's not fun. But, y'know, I don't let it bother me THAT much and just get on with enjoying weather.
Milloy are a band who I've liked for a while. Well, I say like, but I'd only heard one of their songs before a few days ago (the amazing Spiders, check it yo) and immediately fell in love. This led me to finally buying their debut album, More Than A Machine, a few days ago. Today it arrived. Fuck ME. It's bands like this that restore my faith in humanity. Passion, aggression and just full on rockage. It's tracks like 'Dibs' that remind you of just why you still believe in punk and in the ability of UK bands to continue to master a genre to the point where you're happy to just let the record sit on loop and marvel at just exactly what you're hearing.
I've had a bit of a resurgance and love for lots of Uk bands lately. For the people living under rocks, go and listen to Get Cape Wear Cape Fly. You'll be hearing from him/them a lot in the near future. I've had the two track demo for ages but finally ordered the year old EP the other day and am looking forward to hearing it. I'm not gonna bother describing them much because if you don't like it, you have RUBBISH taste in music. Simple.
I'm also hoping to pick up stuff from Route 215 soon. Dirty rock! Also, FASTLANE are entering the studio to record their follow up album to the self titled debut that is just perfick in every single way. Can't wait.
Yeah. I started betting too. Fret not, I haven't bet silly amounts. I bet £5 on various bets that should (I say should but the reality will probably be them not coming off) come off. Only £1 stakes each, so losses won't be too bad should they happen. Also, got a free £5 bet through a promotion so I'm gonna stick that on a dead cert (Germany beating Costa Rica later) so I can earn a bit, which I'll just keep so it will cover my losses should I have any.
WORLD CUP! Brilliant. Been looking forward to it for a while now. I worked out I'm working for two of the three England group games which is utter balls. Still, I'm watching as much games as I can, starting with the two this evening!
My final two pieces of coursework have to be in Wednesday as that's the final deadline. I've done all the leg work for one, just need to do a fancy write up and evaluation which should be done be the end of tonight. The other I'll blitz either tomorrow night or Monday/Tuesday. Bostin'.
Things are swell. If some of my bets come off I'm gonna buy THIS t-shirt as it's lovely.
Oh yeah, worrrrk. We were short last night so ended up with there being just three in the kitchen. And it were busy. Whatevs. I handed in my holiday days which were all fine I think and will soon be working more shifts so I have lots of money for Uni and for when I go shopping with Candice at the beginning of July. Hoping to get some new clothes so I look acceptable when I go out.
I haven't even mentioned READING yet. I'm pant-wettingly excited about that. I'll do a big post on that another day on all the bands I hope to see and stuff.
I don't know what else to talk about. There are so many things I want to buy/hear/see but I don't have enough money to buy them all! Ah well!
BYE
x
EDIT: WOO! From the free bet I won £1.25 as I couldn't win the £5 as it was virtual money but the money I won from it I got. So I've bet that on more things! Weeeeeeeee!


1 Comments:
At 7:44 PM,
Molly the Robot said…
WORLD CUP!!! WHOOOOO! Alas, I'm from a country where the men rank 83rd and the women rank 11th (this is based on the last time I checked). And since nobody here in Canada really cares about soccer - excuse me, FOOTBALL - I can cheer any team I want and nobody can yell at me for being a traitor.
GO SPAIN!
Post a Comment
<< Home